After Your Treatment
The veins will look worse before they look better. Any discoloration can be expected to fade over weeks to months. Some bruising, redness, tenderness, and swelling at the site of injection can be expected. These will fade over a few days or weeks.
- 500mg of Vitamin C twice per day or 3 tablets of Arnica twice per day can reduce bruising.
- Any discomfort may be treated with Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or Aleve as you would normally use them.
- If you’re instructed to wear compression hose, please do.
- Walk and exercise normally.
- Avoid weight training and high impact aerobics for 1 week.
- No sun exposure on your legs for 72 hours.
- No hot tub, saunas, or hot bath tubs for 72 hours.
- Do not shave your legs until morning after treatment.
- Schedule your next treatment for 3 to 4 weeks out.